Conference Presenter Sponsorship
SAME Sponsorship Project
for OAME Annual Conference Presenters
OAME holds an annual conference where math educators all over the world converge to engage in professional learning and networking. This year, the OAME Board is hosting the conference in Toronto at Humber College, North Campus on Thursday, May 3rd and Friday, May 4th, 2018.
SAME is offering to its members sponsorship in the form of 1 day of Occasional Teacher coverage (should it be necessary) to offset the cost of presenting at the conference.
This is the first year we are offering it to support SAME members to take these leadership opportunities. Hopefully we can continue offering this in the coming years.
Q: Do I need to be a SAME member to be eligible for SAME sponsorship funds?
A: Yes, you must fulfill the following criteria to qualify for SAME sponsorship funds:
- You be an OAME member in good standing through to the end of May of the year of the conference where you will be presenting
- You must be affiliated with the Scarborough Association for Mathematics Education local chapter.
Q: How do I apply for sponsorship funds?
A: The process to qualify for SAME sponsorship funds is:
- Submit a presentation proposal to the OAME Annual Conference organisers. Visit mcis.oame.on.ca for conference information and proposal form.
- When you receive approval of from the conference organisers, for the email to the SAME treasurer, Carol Miron (email@example.com). A letter of support will be sent to you and your principal.
- Prepare your presentation and attend the conference.
- Funds will be issued to your school after the conference event.