The TEAMS Math Olympics is an annual competition for grade 7 and 8 students. It involves a written test, two paired activities and a 4-person team activity. Schools in the TEAMS region are invited to enter 2 students, consisting of 1 boy and 1 girl, one of whom must be in grade 7, the other in grade 8. The TEAMS region consists of schools in the TCDSB and those in the TDSB from the following legacy boards: Toronto, York, East York and Etobicoke. Students competing from the neighbouring Toronto regions (e.g. Y4MA and SAME) would then be ineligible to compete in their local regional competitions. The 2018 TEAMS Math Olympics will take place on Saturday, April 7. To sign up your school for the Olympics, or for more information, please email:
TCDSB: Grace Mlodzianowski firstname.lastname@example.org
TDSB: Alvarine Aldridge Alvarine.Aldridge@tdsb.on.ca
The 2017 TEAMS Math Olympics took place on Saturday, April 1 and involved 100 grade 7 and 8 students from the central and west parts of the TDSB, and the TCDSB. Students wrote an individual test and competed in two paired events and a 4-person team event.
- Emma Gogic of Swansea Jr & Sr Public School(First Place Grade 7 Female),
- Oscar Han of Dublin Heights Middle School (First Place Grade 7 Male),
- Jackie Huo of Earl Grey Senior Public School (First Place Grade 8 Female),
- Tyler Tian of Forest Hill Jr & Sr Public School (First Place Grade 8 Male),
- Audrey Song of Forest Hill Jr & Sr Public School (Second Place Grade 7 Female),
- Lev Stefanovich-Thomson of Fern Ave Public School (Second Place Grade 7 Male),
- Kynu Wu of Deer Park Jr & Sr Public School (Second Place Grade 8 Famale),
- Christian Bongalon of James Culnan Catholic School (Second Place Grade 8 Male).
- Sophie Filip Vicari of Jesse Ketchum Public School (Third Place Grade 7 Female),
- Casey Fong of Cosburn Middle School (Third Place Grade 7 Male),
- Maya Weir of Dublin Heights Middle School (Third Place Grade 8 Female),
- Jordan Matus of Dublin Heights Middle School (Third Place Grade 8 Male).
These students competed in the Ontario Mathematics Olympiad on May 26 – 27, in Toronto.
Congratulations, also, to our 4th place winners:
- Arielle Pineda of Blessed Trinity Catholic School
- Francis Do of St. Jane Frances Catholic School
- Elizabeth Loubanski of Glenview Senior Public School
- Bohdan Hrotovytskyy of All Saints Catholic School
Recognizing excellent leadership during the Olympics, the Ann Cirillo Award was presented to
- Emily Wilson of Bessborough Drive Middle School
- Markus Saulle of Transfiguration of Our Lord Catholic School
- Giancarlo Muto of St. Conrad Catholic School
- Lisa Tyhanok of Ecole John English Public School